Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wonderful Saturday

Today was a pretty enjoyable, productive day. I got up and had a garage sale. Eventhough I only had 4 customers and made only 2 dollars I was able to set my laptop up and write my 7 paper final paper. I also got all my grades put online. It is so much easier to get work done when you are sitting in the sun.
After I gave up on the yard sale around 2 I had a little lunch and took a power nap. I love it when I get to take naps, I always wake up feeling so much better.
After my nap I went out to work on making my new flower bed. I am very pleased with how it turned out. My big plan is to do the whole hillside with a variety of evergreens and ground cover. It is a long term gift to my husband because he will have less to mow. I have also started planning out next springs plans. I am envisioning two small fountains and ponds, a barrier of plants along my retaining wall, and possible trying out a rose garden. Here are a couple photos of all my hard work.

Below is the bed I started last year. Everything is really coming up well. My mother-in-law always says "The first year they sleep, second year they creep, and third year they leap". I can't imagine what it will look like next year. I still have some more mulch to lay out and some weeds to pull.
This is what I made me mother-in-law for Mother's Day tomorrow. I did this a while ago so I could make sure they did better than the last time I tried and they really flourished. I wish I had a picture of how small they all started out. I hope she enjoys them. She is the reason I got into gardening. I plan on taking a couple of hostas and mulch to my mom's next weekend and fixing up her garden for her Mothers Day present. I will try to remember to take my camera and get some before and after pics.
I love working in the gardens so much I am a little sad to see this years projects almost completed. But I do need to turn my focus over to taking up the old pool deck and replacing it with a stone patio, staining the fence and creating an outdoor kitchen. I want to get the deck done incase we are able to build in our patio like we plan. We don't want to lose our outdoor cooking space.


Remove Formatting from selection




No comments:

Post a Comment